Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Shiny


The following conversation occurred way back in 2006, but it hasn't lost it's relevance for me one bit. And since I seem to be experiencing a serious case of writer's block, I thought I'd share it with ya'll.

T- Tell me something most people wouldn't guess about you.

K- Hmm, OK. I love shopping. Clothes, furniture, food, any kind of store.I love it.

T- No way! I love shopping too!

K- It's like, I just wanna find the coolest, shiniest thing.

T- Exactly. The search for the shiny.

K- That's it! I am on the search for the shiny!

T- Me too!

K- But G doesn't seem like she'd be all that interested in shiny things

T- (laughs) No, not at all.

K- So, is she all like, "that's not in the budget!"?

T- Yes, she's much more practical. I'm like, we just won't pay the light bill. The shiny thing will light up the apartment!

K- And she's all "Well, let me check next weeks' budget, and maybe we can come back"

T- "...and if it continues to be shiny, we might get it."

K- ...and you're like...

T- I'm like, "Look! An even shinier thing!"

K- (laughs) I knew it! Next week? Who has that kind of attention span?

T- It misses the whole point of the shiny, really.

K- We are the reason Wal-Mart owns the country, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment