Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What To Wear To Doomsday


Well, I just found out that the end of the world has been rescheduled (from the previous date of 1/1/2000) for 12/21/2012. There's a handy countdown ticker here. I'm trying to decide what to wear. I suppose black is appropriate? Is a t-shirt commemorating the event too casual? Well, let's check the 2012 Survival Guide and see what it says to pack.

From December212012.com - In case of a catastrophic event on December 21, 2012 I would like to supply a preparation guide to help get through in case of an emergency. Thank God(s) someone thought of that! There has obviously been a stronger buzz going around about this date that has not only been predicted, but also showing signs of scientific possibilities in recent years. Normally, grammar and spelling mistakes detract from a site's credibility, but in this case, no points deducted. The date is only 4 years away and it's never a good idea to wait until it's too late to start thinking of a game plan. Talk about sound advice!


Instructions


Everybody heads up now, this is important!



Constantly pay attention to any natural disasters / changes to the world as we know it and take note of how much more effective these natural changes are becoming. Constantly? Can I take meal and bathroom breaks? What about sleep? Will I die if I'm not up to this task?!



Saving some extra cash is never a bad thing. Could it be a bit tough with today's economy? Absolutely. But if you create a mindset to save "X" amount on a weekly basis, you can easily accomplish that. Oh, good. "X" is exactly how much cash I have on hand. All set there.



Have a 1 - 2 month supply of water / non perishable food. This is especially essential in storm prone area's. Water is the same as non-perishable food? Storm prone area's....what? Their zoos? Their coffee shops? Please clarify! Lives are at stake here, man!



First Aid Kit / Medicines. This is something that everybody should have at all times.
Store a sleeping bag / blanket in the back of your vehicle. Even if you never have to use it, it is always better to have it and not use it than not have it and obviously not be able to use it. Obviously. Can I leave the first aid kit / medicines in the car, too? Or do I actually need to carry it everywhere I go?



Being prepared is not a difficult task at hand. Once you do it, you are set. Spread the word to friends and family and help them in becoming a prepared member in society. Points deducted for mangling grammar because I just can't take it anymore. You. Are. A flaming idiot.


Well, that didn't help me at all. I still don't know what to wear! Will I need a helmet? A tinfoil hat? I looked through the report from the future detailing the events, but no mention was made of appropriate garb. I had just about given up and ordered the t-shirt when I finally ran across an offhand remark about wearing lead aprons on the Survive 2012 site. So now, I'm hitting ebay for my lead apron (preferably black). I'll see you all in the Storm Prone Coffee Shop. Don't forget your First Aid Kit / Medicines!

No comments:

Post a Comment